Garbage & Recycling
Residential service is provided once a week. Please reference the collection map below to determine your designated collection day.
Contact customer service at 864-232-CARE (2273) for further assistance.
Exception Service Request Form (PDF) for disabled residents
Notice - Paint Disposal
Residents are asked not to dispose of cans that contain wet paint in their garbage carts. With the new automated collection vehicles, drivers are not aware that wet paint has splattered all over the vehicle until the end of their route and several vehicles have already been damaged.
Please use cat litter or shredded paper to dry the paint out completely before placing the can in your garbage cart. Or, recycle usable LATEX paint at one of the following locations.
Obtain a Garbage Cart / Recycling Bin
New residents should call Customer Service at 864-232-CARE (2273) to establish collection for garbage, recyclables and yard waste. The City will deliver a garbage cart and recycling cart at no charge, additional garbage and recycling carts cost $60.
Curbside carts should be placed within 2 feet of the curb, and at least 3 feet away from obstructions such as:
- Bulky items placed out for collection
- Parked cars
- Piles of yard waste
- Recycling bins
- Telephone poles
- Please place all household garbage and other miscellaneous trash in bags and place them inside your cart.
- When you place your cart at the curb, be sure the handle of the cart faces away from the street.
- Place your curbside cart, recycling bin, yard waste and bulk items at the curb for collection by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Yard waste must be placed at the street for collection, and must be separated from other materials such as bulk waste and other household items.
- Please keep grass/leaf pile separate from branch/limb pile
- Please cut branches/limbs into six-foot (or shorter) sections
- Please DO NOT place yard debris in garbage/recycling cart
- Please DO NOT bag ANY of your yard waste
After collection, the empty carts and bins must be removed from the street as soon as possible. Remember - it is both unsightly and a violation of City ordinance to leave these containers out on days other than normal collection days.
As of July 1, 2017, the fee for Residential Collection, which covers all residential buildings with 3 or less units, is $16.00 per month, and is charged in your water bill.
Commercial and all residential over 3 units / buildings are not eligible for Solid Waste collection services. Please contact a private hauler for collection services.
Holiday Collection Notices
The City’s general schedule for holiday collection observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your regular collection day falls on a holiday during the week, your collection for all services (garbage, recyclables and yard waste) will be the next day following the holiday. All other collection days after the holiday will be a day later, during the remainder of the holiday week.
Yard Debris Pickup Schedule
The Public Works Department Solid Waste Division is working diligently to address our annual leaf season collection. Currently, crews are working up to six days per week, collecting the nearly 12 million pounds of leaves expected throughout the city this season. We are asking for your patience and understanding during this leaf season.
Please click an area on the map for collection information.